What Is A Money Piece Hairstyle?
The “money piece” hairstyle is the latest hair trend that everyone is raving about. It is a bold and stylish hairstyle that accentuates the face, making it more prominent and brighter. A money piece hairstyle involves adding a contrasting hair color around the face, usually a brighter or lighter color, to create a framing effect that highlights the face.
The term “money piece” comes from the idea that the hair framing the face adds a focal point to the face, much like money is a focal point in a stack of bills. This is a low-commitment way to switch up your look and add a pop of color without the maintenance of an entire head of highlights or balayage.
This trend started taking over Instagram in 2019 and since then, it has become mainstream. Many celebrities like Jennifer Aniston and Chrissy Teigen have also rocked this look on their red carpets, making it a trend to try out for anyone who is looking for a new hairstyle.
Money piece hairstyles can be done with any hair color and texture. It is also a hairstyle that works for any length of hair. Whether you have short, medium or long hair, you can achieve a money piece look. So let’s dive in to find out what goes into a money piece hairstyle and how to achieve it.
How to Achieve A Money Piece Hairstyle?
If you are looking to try out a money piece hairstyle, there are several ways to achieve it. You can go to a professional hairstylist or try it at home with a DIY kit. Let’s go through the steps to get the perfect money piece hair.
1) Choose the hair color. Before starting the process, you need to choose a hair color that will complement your skin tone. It’s best to stick to lighter, brighter shades as they create a pop around the face. You can choose from a range of colors like blonde, caramel, pastel, or any other vibrant shade that complements your features.
2) Section out the hair. You need to section out the hair around the face carefully. This is important to ensure that you do not overcolor the surrounding hair and that the color is placed correctly. Clip the rest of the hair securely behind your head to keep it out of the way.
3) Prep the hair. If you have light hair, you can skip this step. But, if you have darker hair, you need to bleach the section where you want to add the color to achieve desired results. You need to take care while applying the bleach as it can damage the hair if left too long since the color will lift quickly around the face, it shouldn’t be left in for too long. Once the desired result is achieved, rinse the hair with warm water.
4) Apply the color. It is suggested to use a semi-permanent hair color for this process as it is less damaging to the hair. Apply the desired color to the section that was previously bleached or to the section you want to add color to. It’s best to use a brush to apply the color as it will give you better control and precision. Apply the color evenly, including the roots, and let it sit for the recommended amount of time.
5) Rinse and Style. After the time has elapsed, rinse the hair thoroughly with water until the water runs clear. Apply a deep conditioner to the hair to help prevent any damage. Once done, style the hair as desired.
1. Can you do a money piece hairstyle at home?
Yes, you can do a money piece hairstyle at home. However, it is important to follow the instructions carefully and take all necessary precautions. If you are unsure, it’s best to go to a professional hairstylist.
2. Is the money piece hairstyle suitable for all hair types?
Yes, the money piece hairstyle can be done on all hair types, including fine, thick, curly, or straight.
3. How long does the color last in a money piece hairstyle?
The color in the money piece hairstyle can last up to 4 to 6 weeks. However, it may fade over time, depending on how often you wash your hair.
4. Can you dye your hair after adding a money piece?
Yes, you can dye your hair after adding a money piece. However, you need to be careful while dyeing the color around the face as it can easily change the color of the money piece.
5. How often should you touch up your money piece hairstyle?
You can touch up your money piece hairstyle as often as every 2-3 months, depending on how fast your hair grows and the desired look.
A money piece hairstyle is a fun and stylish way to highlight your face. It is a low-maintenance way to try out a new look and add a pop of color around the face. Money piece hairstyles look good on all hair types and can be done at home or with a hairstylist. Just remember to follow the steps carefully and keep in mind the FAQs section while trying out this new look.