Hairstyles can completely transform your look and make a statement about your personality. Choosing a hairstyle that suits your face and hair texture can be daunting. There are various hairstyles available that can flatter your face shape, enhance your features and give you a confident and stylish look. In this article, we will discuss what hairstyle would suit you, factors to consider when choosing a hairstyle, and address some frequently asked questions.
Factors to consider when choosing a hairstyle
Your face shape plays a significant role in determining the style of your haircut. Different haircuts can enhance certain facial features and balance out the proportions of the face.
There are six common face shapes: oval, round, square, heart, diamond, and long. Here’s how to determine your face shape:
– Oval: The length of the face is about one and a half times the width of the face. The forehead is wider than the chin, and the jawline is gently curved.
– Round: The face is almost equal in length and width, and the jawline is rounded.
– Square: The forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are almost equal in width, and the jawline is squared.
– Heart: The forehead is wider than the jawline, and the face narrows towards the chin.
– Diamond: The cheekbones are the widest part of the face, and the forehead and jawline are narrower and roughly equal in width.
– Long: The face is longer than it is wide, and the forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are roughly equal in width.
Hair texture refers to the thickness, coarseness, and curl pattern of your hair. It is essential to choose a hairstyle that suits your hair texture to prevent hair fall and damage.
Choosing the right hair color can accentuate your features and enhance your hairstyle.
A good hairstyle can make you look younger, but an inappropriate style can age you. It is crucial to choose a hairstyle that compliments your age and style.
Your lifestyle plays a crucial role in choosing a hairstyle. If you have an active lifestyle, you might prefer a low-maintenance hairstyle.
What hairstyle would suit me?
Once you have determined your face shape, hair texture, hair color, age, and lifestyle, it’s time to choose a hairstyle that suits you the most.
Oval Face Shape:
An oval face shape is considered the most balanced, so you can choose most of the hairstyles.
– Bangs: Long and side-swept bangs can flatter your face shape, and blunt bangs can add dimension.
– Layers: Long layers add texture and movement to your hair, and short layers can add volume.
– Updo: An updo can accentuate your cheekbones and jawline.
Round Face Shape:
A round face shape can be balanced by creating angles around the face.
– Pixie Cut: A textured and layered pixie cut can add volume to the crown of your head, making your face appear longer.
– Bob: A chin-length or shoulder-length bob with layers can create angles and add volume.
– Side-swept Bangs: Long and side-swept bangs can create a vertical line, making your face appear longer.
Square Face Shape:
A square face shape can be balanced by softening the jawline.
– Layers: Long layers with thick curls can soften the jawline and add dimension.
– Beachy Waves: Messy and tousled waves add texture and soften the face.
– Ponytail: A high or low ponytail with loose strands can soften the face.
Heart Face Shape:
A heart face shape can be balanced by creating volume around the jawline.
– Bob: A chin-length bob with side-swept bangs can widen the jawline.
– Long Layers: Long layers can add volume and balance the face.
– Pixie Cut: A textured and layered pixie cut can accentuate your jawline.
Diamond Face Shape:
A diamond face shape can be balanced by adding width to the forehead and chin.
– Layers: Long layers can add width to your forehead and chin and balance your face.
– Bangs: Thick bangs can add width to your forehead.
– Updo: An updo with a few loose strands can create width around your face.
Long Face Shape:
A long face shape can be balanced by adding width to the face.
– Bob: A chin-length bob that ends at the jawline can create width around the face.
– Curls: Soft and loose curls can add width to the face.
– Bangs: Curtain bangs or side-swept bangs can shorten the length of the face.
1. Can I change my hairstyle if I have thinning hair?
Yes, but you should choose a hairstyle that suits your hair texture and prevents hair fall.
2. Will I look younger with a haircut?
A good haircut can make you look younger, but an inappropriate style can age you.
3. Should I ask for a specific hairstyle at the salon?
Yes, you can show a picture of the hairstyle you want or describe the style you’re looking for. The hairstylist can recommend a style that suits you.
4. How often should I trim my hair?
It depends on your hair texture, length, and lifestyle. On average, you should trim your hair every 6-12 weeks.
5. Can I color my hair if I have a sensitive scalp?
Yes, you can use gentle hair color products that are suitable for sensitive scalps.
Choosing a hairstyle that suits you can enhance your features and boost your confidence. Your face shape, hair texture, hair color, age, and lifestyle are important factors to consider when choosing a hairstyle. Pick a style that you’re comfortable with and complements your personal style.