Hairstyling is a way of self-expression. A hairstyle is an essential feature of anyone’s physical appearance, and it can make or break a look. However, with so many different hairstyles, it can be challenging to choose the one that will look best on you.
The secret to finding the perfect hairstyle is to identify your face shape, hair texture, and lifestyle. These are the three main factors that determine what hairstyle will suit you.
It’s essential to identify your face shape because it will determine where you should part your hair and the shape you should create with your hair. There are six different face shapes:
1. Oval Face Shape – An oval face shape is balanced with equal proportions. People with an oval face shape can wear most hairstyles, and it will look good on them.
2. Round Face Shape – With a round face shape, the face is almost as wide as it is long, and the jawline is softer. A hairstyle that adds height will elongate the face.
3. Square Face Shape – With a square face shape, the forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are almost equal in width. A layered hairstyle with volume on top will soften the angles of the face.
4. Heart Face Shape – With a heart face shape, the forehead is wider than the jawline, and the chin is pointed. A hairstyle that adds width to the jawline, like a side-swept hairstyle, would be suitable.
5. Diamond Face Shape – With a diamond face shape, the forehead and jawline are narrower than the cheekbones. A hairstyle that adds width at the forehead and chin, like a fringe or bangs, would work well.
6. Oblong Face Shape – With an oblong face shape, the face is longer than it is wide, and the chin is narrower than the forehead. A medium-length or short-textured hairstyle would work best.
Hair texture is another crucial factor that determines what hairstyle will suit you. There are four different hair textures:
1. Straight Hair – Straight hair requires little maintenance and can be styled in many different ways.
2. Wavy Hair – Wavy hair is versatile and can be styled curly or straight. A shoulder-length haircut would be perfect for this hair texture.
3. Curly Hair – Curly hair requires a little more maintenance but can be styled in many different ways. A layered hairstyle with volume at the crown would be the most flattering.
4. Kinky Hair – Kinky hair requires a lot of moisture and maintenance. However, it can be styled in many different ways, and a natural look with the curls would be perfect for this hair type.
Lifestyle is the final factor that determines what hairstyle will suit you. Your hairstyle should reflect your lifestyle because it influences how much time and effort you can put into maintaining a particular hairstyle.
1. Low Maintenance – If you have a busy lifestyle and do not have much time for hairstyling, go for low-maintenance hairstyles that require minimal effort. A short haircut or a messy bun would be the perfect hairstyle for you.
2. Active Lifestyle – If you have an active lifestyle, go for hairstyles that can withstand sweating and movement. Sporty ponytails or braids would be the best hairstyle for you.
3. Professional Lifestyle – If you have a professional lifestyle, you should go for hairstyles that are sleek and polished. Straight styles or a classic bob would be the best hairstyle for you.
4. Creative Lifestyle – If you have a creative lifestyle, experiment with different hairstyles that showcase your artistic side. Bold hair colors or a funky haircut would be the perfect hairstyle for you.
Q: What are the best hairstyles for thin hair?
A: Layered haircuts add volume to thin hair. A short bob or a pixie cut would be the perfect hairstyle for thin hair.
Q: Can I style my hair every day?
A: Styling your hair every day can cause damage to your hair. Try to limit your hairstyle to two to three times a week.
Q: Can I wear a middle parting with any face shape?
A: A middle parting looks good on oval face shapes. If you have a round face shape, go for a side parting.
Q: Which hairstyle would suit an oblong face shape with wavy hair?
A: A shoulder-length layered haircut with waves can add volume and balance to an oblong face shape.
Q: How can I maintain my hairstyle without damaging my hair?
A: Use heat protectant sprays when using hot styling tools. Use a good quality hairbrush and avoid pulling your hair too tightly.
In conclusion, identifying your face shape, hair texture, and lifestyle are the crucial factors that determine what hairstyle will suit you. By keeping these factors in mind, you can select the perfect hairstyle that will enhance your physical appearance and showcase your personality.