Your hairstyle can either enhance the beauty of your face or make you look unattractive. It’s essential to choose a hairstyle that complements your features and face shape. Nowadays, there are a plethora of hairstyle options to choose from, and the decision can be overwhelming. The key is to identify your face shape and select a hairstyle based on that. This article discusses different types of face shapes and provides you with some hairstyling options to complement your features.
Types of Face Shapes
Before we dive into hairstyling options, we need to figure out the type of face shape you have. There are six main types of face shapes:
1. Oval: An oval face shape has a length that’s roughly 1.5 times the width of the cheekbones. This type of face shape is considered the most versatile because it is symmetrical.
2. Round: A round face shape has a length that’s similar to its width. This type of face shape has fuller cheeks and a soft chin.
3. Square: A square face shape has a similar width and length of the face, with a broad forehead and a square jawline.
4. Heart: A heart-shaped face has a narrow chin and a wide forehead.
5. Diamond: A diamond-shaped face has a narrow forehead and jawline, with wider cheekbones.
6. Oblong: An oblong face shape has a longer face with a strong chin and high forehead.
Hairstyling Options for Different Face Shapes
1. Oval Face Shape: If you have an oval face shape, you can pull off most hairstyles. Some excellent options include a long-layered cut, wavy bob, or bangs.
2. Round Face Shape: For a round face shape, it’s best to avoid styles that add width to the cheeks and stick to ones that add length. A layered cut with face-framing layers or a long shag is ideal. Adding a side part can also help elongate the face.
3. Square Face Shape: For a square face shape, it’s best to avoid haircuts that accentuate the jawline. Soft, wavy layers, and a textured fringe can soften the features of a square face.
4. Heart Face Shape: For a heart-shaped face, it’s best to avoid styles that add volume to the top of the head. Soft bangs, shoulder-length layers, and beach waves are an excellent choice.
5. Diamond Face Shape: For a diamond-shaped face, it’s best to opt for a classic bob or a lob. Side-swept bangs can also balance the wide cheekbones.
6. Oblong Face Shape: For an oblong face shape, it’s best to avoid styles that add length to the face. A chin-length bob, a wavy lob, or a layered shag are all excellent options for this face shape.
1. Can I pull off bangs with a round face shape?
Yes, you can. However, it’s best to avoid full, blunt bangs and instead opt for soft, side-swept bangs to avoid adding width to the cheeks.
2. Can I go for a short haircut with a heart-shaped face?
Yes, you can go for a short haircut. However, it’s best to avoid cuts that are shorter than chin-length, as they can enhance the wideness of the forehead.
3. Can I get a middle part with a square face shape?
Yes, you can. However, it’s best to soften the look by adding layers and texture to the hair.
4. Can I go for a curly haircut with an oblong face shape?
Yes, you can opt for a curly haircut with an oblong face shape. However, it’s best to avoid adding too much volume at the top of the head.
The right hairstyle can enhance your features and make you look elegant and stylish. By identifying your face shape and selecting a cut that compliments your features, you can achieve the perfect look. Keep in mind to select a hairstyle that makes you feel confident and comfortable. With the hairstyling options mentioned above, you can determine the best hairdo to flatter your face shape.