When it comes to choosing a hairstyle, it can be a daunting task for those with round faces. A round face shape is characterized by a wide hairline, round cheeks, and a soft jawline. However, fear not as there are plenty of hairstyles that can complement and flatter a round face. We have put together the ultimate guide on finding the perfect hairstyle for those with round faces.
The Right Length
The first thing to consider is the length of hair. It’s important to avoid styles that add unnecessary width to the face. Instead, it’s recommended to choose hairstyles that add length to the face. Long layers and shoulder-length haircuts are ideal as they help elongate the face. This can be achieved with a layered cut that starts below the chin, creating a slimming effect. If you opt for long hair, consider loose waves and curls as they can also help to elongate the face.
Avoid adding volume on top of the head, instead concentrate on layering around the face to create movement and volume.
Bangs can work well for those with round faces, but they need to be done correctly. Wispy, side-swept bangs that fall just above the eyebrow can be really flattering. It creates a diagonal line that visually slims the face. Avoid blunt, heavy bangs that cut across the forehead as this can add width to the face.
Hairstyles to Avoid
When choosing a hairstyle for a round face, there are a few styles to avoid. Short bobs, blunt bangs, and one-length haircuts can accentuate roundness. Also, stay away from styles that add volume at the sides of the face, like tight curls or a big bouffant. It’s essential to steer clear of styles that pile hair onto the top of the head, since these can make a round face look more circular.
Hairstyles to Try
1. Long Beachy Waves – If you have great waves or curls, let them shine. Long beachy waves are perfect for those with round faces. The soft curls and texture of long beachy waves can create a slimming effect.
2. A Long Asymmetric Bob – An asymmetric bob that is longer in the front can be slimming and flattering. It works wonders for round faces.
3. A Side Part with Soft Layers – A side part with soft layers can be really flattering for round faces. Soft layers help to slim the face, and a side part creates the illusion of length. A sleek, smooth look with a deep side part can elongate the face.
4. Updo with Volume – When it comes to updos, it’s all about balancing. A half-up/half-down style with volume at the crown can create the illusion of a longer face.
5. Pixie Cut – A pixie cut with a side-swept fringe can be really flattering for round faces. It elongates the face when the hair falls across the forehead at an angle, creating a diagonal line.
Q: What hairstyles should I avoid with a round face?
A: Avoid blunt, one-length cuts, bobs that hit at your chin or above, and styles with too much volume on top. These styles can make the face appear rounder.
Q: What hairstyles are good for a round face?
A: Hairstyles that create length and height to the face, such as layered cuts, long side-swept bangs, and hairstyles with soft layers and a deep side part.
Q: Can I wear bangs with a round face?
A: Yes, but it’s important to choose the right style of bangs. Soft, side-swept bangs that fall just above the eyebrow can be really flattering. Blunt, straight bangs that cut across the forehead should be avoided.
Q: Should I avoid short haircuts if I have a round face?
A: Not necessarily. A short cut can make a round face appear more oval-shaped if it’s styled with soft layers or a deep side part. A pixie cut with a side-swept fringe can also be a great option.
Q: What should I consider when choosing a hairstyle for a round face?
A: When choosing a hairstyle for a round face, consider length, layers, and angles. It’s important to create length and height to the face, while avoiding styles that make the face appear rounder. Wispy, side-swept bangs and a deep side part can help to create angles and elongate the face.