How Would I Look With A Different Hairstyle?
Your hairstyle can greatly change your appearance and transform your overall look. A new haircut can not only boost your confidence but also improve your mood. However, changing your hairdo also comes with a certain level of uncertainty. Will it suit your face shape and skin tone? Will the style be easy to maintain? How do you even know where to start?
Here are some tips to help you decide what hairstyle may best suit you:
1. Consider Your Face Shape
The shape of your face plays a crucial role in determining which hairstyle will suit you best. There are six basic face shapes; oval, round, square, heart-shaped, diamond-shaped, and triangular.
– Oval: The oval face shape has balanced proportions and is considered the most versatile. Any hairstyle can suit this face shape, whether it’s long, short or medium length.
– Round: The round face shape is characterized by full cheeks and a rounded chin. To elongate your face and make it look slimmer, opt for a hairstyle with volume at the crown and focus on adding length. A longer, layered cut that falls below your chin is an ideal choice.
– Square: The square face shape features a strong jawline and a broad forehead. Softening the jawline and reducing the sharpness of the angles can be achieved by adding textured layers. A medium-to-long length layered cut will help to soften and add curves to the face shape.
– Heart-shaped: The heart-shaped face is widest at the forehead and tapers down to a pointed chin. Adding volume around the chin area will balance the face shape. A layered bob cut that sits just above the shoulders is recommended for this face shape.
– Diamond-shaped: The diamond-shaped face features wide cheekbones and a narrow forehead and chin. The ideal hairstyle for this face shape is a cut that creates volume at the crown and minimizes the width around the cheekbones. A short bob with texture and layers is recommended.
– Triangular: The triangular face shape has a narrow forehead and widens at the cheekbones and jawline. The ideal hairstyle is one that adds volume at the temples and crown, with layers that fall below the shoulder. Soft waves or curls are recommended.
2. Determine Your Skin Tone
Hair color can impact your overall look, and to choose the right color for your hair it is vital to determine your skin tone. Skin tone can be categorized as warm, cool, or neutral.
– Warm: People with warm skin tones have a yellow or golden undertone. Hair colors that suit a warm skin tone are auburn, caramel, and honey blonde.
– Cool: People with cool skin tones have a pink or blue undertone. Hair colors that suit a cool skin tone are ashy blonde, platinum blonde, and jet black.
– Neutral: Neutral skin tones have a combination of both warm and cool undertones. Hair colors that suit a neutral skin tone are rich chocolate browns, soft beige blonde, and deep reds.
3. Consider Your Lifestyle
Your lifestyle is a critical factor in choosing a hairstyle that works best for you. Consider how much time and effort you are willing to put into styling your hair each day. If you are always on the go, a low maintenance haircut would be ideal.
Q: How do I know if a short haircut will suit me?
A: The first step to determine if short hair will look good on you is to have a consultation with your hairstylist. They can advise you on the most suitable short haircut that will complement your face shape and hair texture. You can also try a virtual makeover app or website to see how you would look in a short haircut.
Q: Can hair extensions help me experiment with different hairstyles?
A: Yes, hair extensions can help you experiment with different hairstyles without cutting or damaging your natural hair. You can opt for clip-in extensions, tape-in extensions, or sew-in extensions to add instant length and volume to your hair.
Q: What is the best hairstyle for curly hair?
A: The best hairstyle for curly hair is one that allows the curls to fall naturally. Layers and long bobs are ideal choices for curly hair as they add movement and texture. It is essential to use anti-frizz products and avoid using a hairbrush on curly hair to maintain the curls’ shape.
Q: How often should I get a haircut?
A: The frequency of your haircuts depends on your hair type, hair length, and the style. Typically, hairstylists recommend getting a haircut every six to twelve weeks to maintain the hair’s health and shape.
In conclusion, choosing a new hairstyle can be a fun and exciting experience; it can transform your appearance and give you a whole new look. Use these tips to determine the best haircut suitable for your face shape, skin tone, and lifestyle. Always consult with your hairstylist to get the best advice on which hairstyle suits you best.