Bun hairstyles are a classic and versatile way to style your hair. They can be worn for a variety of occasions, from casual everyday wear to formal events like weddings and proms. Whether you have long hair or short hair, you can create a bun hairstyle that suits you. In this article, we will show you step by step how to make various bun hairstyles and answer some frequently asked questions about bun hairstyles.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Make a Basic Bun Hairstyle.
1. Start by combing your hair and removing any tangles. Brush your hair upwards to create a ponytail at the center of your head. The height of the ponytail will determine the height of your bun, so adjust it according to your preference.
2. Secure your ponytail with an elastic band. Make sure to tighten the elastic band so that the ponytail stays in place.
3. Twist your ponytail clockwise or counterclockwise to create a rope-like structure.
4. Coil your twisted ponytail around the elastic band to create a bun. Tuck the ends of your hair under the bun and secure them with bobby pins.
5. Finish the look with hairspray to keep the bun in place.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Make a Messy Bun Hairstyle.
1. Follow the same steps as above to create a ponytail. However, this time, don’t worry about making it smooth and neat.
2. Tease your ponytail by backcombing the hair with a fine-toothed comb. This will create volume and texture.
3. Create a messy bun by twisting and wrapping your teased ponytail around the elastic band. Don’t worry if some strands of hair come loose or protrude from the bun; this is what creates the messy look.
4. Use bobby pins to secure the bun in place and shape it.
5. Apply hairspray to hold the hairstyle in place.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Make a Braided Bun Hairstyle.
1. Start by combing your hair and parting it in the middle. Take a small section of hair from one side of the part and begin to braid it.
2. Continue braiding the section of hair until you reach the end. Secure the end of the braid with an elastic band.
3. Repeat the above steps on the other side of the part to create two braids.
4. Take the two braids and wrap them around each other to create a rope-like structure.
5. Create a bun by coiling the braided rope around the elastic band and tucking the ends under the bun.
6. Secure the bun with bobby pins and finish the look with a spray of hairspray.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Make a Low Bun Hairstyle.
1. Brush your hair back and gather it in a low ponytail at the nape of your neck.
2. Divide the ponytail into two sections.
3. Twist one section of the ponytail clockwise and the other section counterclockwise.
4. Coil the twisted sections around each other until you reach the end.
5. Tuck the ends of your hair under the bun and secure them with bobby pins.
6. Add hairspray to hold the hairstyle in place.
FAQs About Bun Hairstyles
1. Can I make a bun hairstyle with short hair?
Yes, you can create a bun hairstyle with short hair. However, you may need to use bobby pins or hair clips to hold the hairstyle in place.
2. How can I make my bun hairstyle last longer?
To make your bun hairstyle last longer, use a strong-hold hairspray. You can also use hairpins to secure your hairstyle in place.
3. Can I wear a bun hairstyle to a formal event?
Yes, you can wear a bun hairstyle to a formal event. However, you may want to style your hair in a more elaborate bun that complements your outfit.
4. How can I add accessories to my bun hairstyle?
You can add accessories to your bun hairstyle, such as a headband, hairpins, or flowers. These accessories can give your bun hairstyle a more polished look.
5. Can I make a bun hairstyle without using an elastic band?
Yes, you can make a bun hairstyle without using an elastic band. Instead, you can use hairpins or bobby pins to hold the hairstyle in place. However, an elastic band provides a solid foundation for your bun hairstyle, so it may be easier to use one.
In conclusion, bun hairstyles are versatile, easy to make and maintain. Whether you are heading to work, school or a special event, a bun is a go-to hairstyle that always works. Follow the steps outlined in this article to create various types of bun hairstyles such as basic, messy, braided, and low. Additionally, the FAQ section addresses some commonly asked questions about bun hairstyles. With practice and the right tools, you can create a perfect bun hairstyle that suits your style and mood.