How To Know Your Hairstyle
Finding the perfect hairstyle that suits your look, personality, and lifestyle can be a daunting task. With so many haircuts, styling options, and trends, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. However, getting the right hairstyle for you can make a significant difference in your appearance and boost your confidence. So, how do you know what hairstyle is best for you? In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of finding your perfect hairstyle.
Step 1: Determine Your Face Shape
The first step in finding your perfect hairstyle is to know your face shape. Your face shape plays a significant role in how the hairstyle will look on you. Different hairstyles will complement different face shapes.
There are six basic face shapes, which are:
1. Oval – if you have an oval face, you’re lucky as an oval face complements almost any hairstyle.
2. Round – if you have a round face, your face is nearly equal in length and width. A layered cut, long bob, or a side-swept long hairstyle is ideal for a round face as it creates an illusion of length.
3. Square – if you have a square face, your forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are of equal width. Soft curls, pixie cut, or long layers are perfect for softening the angles of a square face.
4. Heart – a heart-shaped face has a wide forehead, narrow jaw, and chin. A short bob or layered cut with side-swept bangs is suitable for a heart-shaped face as it balances the proportions.
5. Diamond – a diamond-shaped face has a narrow forehead and jawline, and the cheeks are the widest part of the face. A chin-length bob, layered cut, or fringe bangs help soften the face’s angles.
6. Long – if you have a long face, your face is longer than it is wide, and the forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are relatively the same width. A shoulder-length haircut, layered cut, or side-swept bangs are ideal for a long face as it creates width and balance to the face.
Step 2: Consider Your Hair Texture and Type
The next factor to consider after determining your face shape is your hair texture and type. The texture of your hair refers to how fine or coarse your hair is, while the type of your hair is determined by its curl pattern.
There are four basic hair textures: fine, medium, coarse, and thick. Fine hair is fragile, while coarse hair is thick and can be difficult to manage. Medium hair is somewhere in between.
The hair types, on the other hand, are straight, wavy, curly, and coily. Straight hair has no curl pattern, while wavy hair has a mild curl pattern. Curly hair has a well-defined curl pattern, while coily hair has a tight curl pattern.
Knowing your hair texture and type helps in choosing the right hairstyle. For instance, a short hairstyle is ideal if you have fine hair as it makes your hair appear fuller. A layered cut with volume is suitable for thick hair as it thins your hair out. Wavy hair looks great in long locks, while curly hair thrives in a short bob cut.
Step 3: Determine Your Lifestyle
Your lifestyle is also a critical factor in choosing your hairstyle. Do you have a busy schedule and no time to style your hair? Or do you spend a lot of time outdoors and need a low maintenance hairstyle? Your hairstyle should complement your lifestyle and be easy to maintain.
If you’re always on the go, a low maintenance hairstyle such as a top knot or a messy bun may be ideal. On the other hand, if you have a bit more time, a pixie cut or a bob cut may be the perfect option.
Step 4: Seek Professional Advice
Lastly, it’s recommended to seek professional advice when choosing your hairstyle. A hairstylist has the knowledge and expertise to help you choose a hairstyle that suits you best. They can also recommend haircuts that flatter your face shape, hair texture, and lifestyle.
1. What haircut suits my face shape?
The best haircut that suits your face shape depends on the shape of your face. For instance, a round face looks great in a layered cut or a long bob that gives an illusion of length. A square face benefits from a soft cut with curls, long layers, or a pixie cut to soften the angles.
2. What is the best haircut for fine hair?
The best haircut for fine hair is a layered cut with volume that adds body and thickness to your hair. A short hairstyle such as a pixie cut or a bob cut also works well for fine hair as it gives an impression of fullness.
3. What is the best haircut for thick hair?
A layered cut is the best haircut for thick hair as it thins your hair out and makes it more manageable. A medium length hairstyle with layers accentuates your hair’s volume and gives it a natural bounce.
4. What is the best haircut for curly hair?
The best haircut for curly hair is a short bob cut or a layered cut that enhances the curl pattern and reduces the bulk. A long hairstyle that includes long layers also works well for curly hair as it defines the curls and gives it a beautiful shape.
In conclusion, finding the right hairstyle is essential to enhance your look and boost your confidence. By determining your face shape, hair texture, type, and lifestyle, you can select a hairstyle that complements your features. Seeking professional advice from a hairstylist is also recommended as they can help you choose a haircut that suits you best.