One of the most important aspects of our appearance is our hairstyle. Your hair can either enhance or ruin your overall look, making it crucial that you choose the right style that complements your face shape, personality, lifestyle, and personal taste. However, with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to find the perfect hairstyle for you.
Fortunately, there are a few ways to determine which hairstyle suits you best. In this article, we will provide comprehensive tips on how to know what hairstyle suits you and answer some of the frequently asked questions on this topic.
How To Determine Your Face Shape
The first step to finding the best hairstyle for you is to identify your face shape. There are six basic face shapes, including:
1. Oval – This face shape features balanced proportions, with the forehead being slightly wider than the chin, and high cheekbones.
2. Round – This face shape has a circular appearance with chubby cheeks, and a width and length that are almost equal.
3. Square – This face shape features a strong jawline, a wide forehead, and the width of the face is similar to the length.
4. Oblong – This shape has an elongated appearance with a narrow chin and cheekbones, and the forehead, cheekbones, and jawline have similar widths.
5. Diamond – This face shape highlights the narrow forehead with high cheekbones, and the chin is pointed.
6. Heart-shaped – This face shape features a wider forehead, high cheekbones, and a pointed jawline.
Once you have determined your face shape, you can choose a hairstyle that balances your facial features and brings out the best in you.
How To Determine Your Lifestyle Needs
Your lifestyle is another key factor to consider when choosing a hairstyle. If you have a busy schedule and prefer low-maintenance hair, a short cut or a simple style that requires less time and effort may be the best choice for you. On the other hand, if you love experimenting with different hairstyles, have the time and resources to maintain an intricate style, and want to stay on top of current hair trends, a more elaborate cut or style may be a better fit.
Additionally, consider your work environment. Some workplaces have strict dress codes, including hair length and style. If you work in a conservative environment, you may have more limited options than someone who works in an artistic or creative field.
How To Determine Your Personality
Your personality can also influence the kind of hairstyles you should opt for. A confident and outgoing person may prefer a bold and attention-grabbing hairstyle, such as a bright-colored or asymmetrical cut. Meanwhile, a more reserved person may feel more comfortable with a classic and timeless style, such as straight hair or a bob.
It is essential to choose a hairstyle that makes you feel confident and comfortable. If you are not comfortable with a certain style, it will be challenging to wear it with confidence.
Tips on Choosing a Haircut Based On Your Face Shape
Now that you have identified your face shape, here are some tips on choosing a haircut that best suits it.
1. Oval – If you have an oval face shape, you are fortunate as most haircuts and styles look good on you. One option is a blunt cut that can give you a sleek and polished look. You can also opt for a long layered cut or a medium-length lob.
2. Round – A round face shape can benefit from haircuts that add height and volume. A layered cut with long layers that fall below the chin can add texture and lengthen your face. Another option is a lob that sits just under the chin or a long pixie cut that creates a softer look.
3. Square – For a square face shape, you want to soften the angles of your face. A long, layered cut with soft waves can create movement and balance out your features. A center part with long, loose waves is another beautiful option.
4. Oblong – If you have an oblong face shape, the goal is to create the illusion of width. A blunt bob with strong lines can give you a streamlined look, while a layered pixie cut can provide width and volume.
5. Diamond – To balance out the narrow forehead of a diamond face shape, opt for haircuts that create volume at the crown. A layered cut with bouncy waves or curls can add fullness, as can a bob with soft, side-swept bangs.
6. Heart-shaped – If you have a heart-shaped face shape, accentuate your cheekbones and soften your chin. A shoulder-length cut with layers and waves can achieve this look, while a long bob or a side-parted long bob is also flattering.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What should be considered when getting bangs?
A: Consider your face shape and hair type, as well as your lifestyle and the amount of maintenance you are willing to do. Additionally, determine what kind of bangs will complement your haircut and enhance your facial features.
Q. How do I choose a hair color that suits me?
A: Consider your skin tone, eye color, and natural hair color. Also, think about your personality and lifestyle, and whether you are willing to invest time and money in maintaining a particular hair color.
Q. What hairstyles can I opt for if I have thin hair?
A: For thinner hair, try volumizing haircuts such as a layered bob or a wavy long bob. Avoid styles with too many layers as it will thin out the hair even more. Adding volume with accessories like hair extensions or hairpieces can be another option.
Choosing the right hairstyle is crucial to enhance your natural beauty. By considering your face shape, lifestyle needs, and personal preferences, you can find a haircut that suits you. Remember that haircuts and styles are not a “one size fits all” solution, so take the time to experiment and find what works best for you.