Finding the perfect hairstyle for your face shape can be a daunting task. With thousands of options to choose from, it is easy to get overwhelmed and stuck in a rut. However, choosing the right hairstyle that complements your face shape can make all the difference in enhancing your overall appearance. In this article, we will provide you with tips and tricks on how to find the perfect hairstyle for your face shape and put your best foot forward.
Understanding Your Face Shape:
Before we dive into finding the perfect hairstyle for your face shape, it’s important to first determine what your face shape is. There are seven different face shapes: oval, round, square, oblong, diamond, heart, and triangle. Here’s how to determine which one you have:
– Oval: If your forehead is slightly wider than your chin and your face is longer than it is wide, you have an oval face shape.
– Round: If your face is as long as it is wide, with soft curves and no angles, you have a round face shape.
– Square: If your forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are all about the same width and your face is angular with defined lines, you have a square face shape.
– Oblong: If your face is longer than it is wide, with a high forehead, long chin, and straight cheekbones, you have an oblong face shape.
– Diamond: If your cheekbones are the widest part of your face and your forehead and jawline are both narrow and angular, you have a diamond face shape.
– Heart: If your forehead is wider than your cheekbones and your chin comes to a point, you have a heart-shaped face.
– Triangle: If your jawline is wider than your forehead and your face narrows toward your hairline, you have a triangular face shape.
Now that you know which face shape you have, let’s start finding the perfect hairstyle!
Hairstyle For Oval Faces:
Oval faces have a balanced and symmetrical shape that allows them to pull off any hairstyle. However, the key to finding the perfect hairstyle for an oval face is to enhance the symmetry and balance the features.
Hairstyle Options For Oval Faces:
– Bangs: Long, choppy bangs that graze the eyebrows highlight the eyes and cheekbones and balance out the length of the face.
– Layers: Long layers throughout the hair add volume, texture, and movement without overpowering the natural beauty of an oval face.
– Updos: Classic chignons, messy buns, and braided updos look stunning on oval faces. The sleek and elegant updo enhances the face’s natural symmetry and brings attention to the neck and collarbone.
Hairstyle For Round Faces:
Round faces are soft and curvy, so the key to finding the perfect hairstyle is to create angles and lines that balance the features of the face.
Hairstyle Options For Round Faces:
– Pixie Cut: A pixie cut that is short on the sides and back and slightly longer on top creates a vertical line that elongates the face and adds an edgy vibe.
– Layered Bob: A layered bob that hits just below the jawline and has razored layers near the crown creates angles and lines that accentuate the cheekbones and chin.
– High Bun: A high bun that is slicked back or braided and pulled tightly to the crown of the head creates height and elongation that balances a round face shape.
Hairstyle For Square Faces:
Square faces are angular and defined, and the key to finding the perfect hairstyle is to soften the lines and create movement and texture.
Hairstyle Options For Square Faces:
– Long Layers: Long, layered hair with texture and movement softens the jawline and adds balance and dimension to a square face.
– Side-Swept Bangs: Side-swept, wispy bangs that sweep across the forehead soften the angularity of a square face and accentuate the eyes.
– waves: Soft waves or curls add texture and movement to a square face and create a more feminine and romantic look.
Hairstyle For Oblong Faces:
Oblong faces are long and narrow, and the key to finding the perfect hairstyle is to add volume and width to the face.
Hairstyle Options For Oblong Faces:
– Chin-Length Bob: A chin-length bob that is slightly shorter in the back and longer in the front creates width and volume around the jawline and softens the face.
– Layered Shag: A layered, shaggy cut with choppy bangs and volume around the face adds texture and volume to an oblong face.
– Waves: Soft waves or curls add volume and movement around the face and help to balance out the length of an oblong face.
Hairstyle For Diamond Faces:
Diamond faces have high cheekbones and a narrow forehead and jawline, and the key to finding the perfect hairstyle is to balance the angularity of the face.
Hairstyle Options For Diamond Faces:
– Pixie Cut: A choppy, textured pixie cut that is longer on top and shorter on the sides softens the angles of the face and highlights the high cheekbones.
– Sideswept Bangs: Soft, sideswept bangs that graze the forehead add width and softness to the angularity of the face.
– Long Layers: Long layers that start at the collarbone and add volume and texture soften the jawline and balance the high cheekbones.
Hairstyle For Heart Faces:
Heart faces have a wide forehead and narrow jawline, and the key to finding the perfect hairstyle is to balance the angles and create width around the jawline.
Hairstyle Options For Heart Faces:
– Bob Cut: A chin-length bob that is slightly longer in the front and shorter in the back creates width around the jawline and softens the angularity of the forehead.
– Side-Swept Bangs: Side-swept bangs that sweep across the forehead and graze the eyebrows create balance and symmetry in the face.
– Long Layers: Long layers starting at the collarbone and going down to the ends of the hair add volume and texture around the jawline and create a more balanced look.
Q. Can a round face shape have short hair?
A. Yes, round faces can have short hair. However, it’s important to create angles and lines that balance out the curves of the face.
Q. Can an oval face shape pull off bangs?
A. Yes, an oval face shape can pull off bangs. Long, choppy bangs that graze the eyebrows highlight the eyes and cheekbones and balance out the length of the face.
Q. Can a square face shape wear an updo?
A. Yes, a square face shape can wear an updo. Classic chignons, messy buns, and braided updos look stunning on square faces. The sleek and elegant updo enhances the face’s natural symmetry and brings attention to the neck and collarbone.
Q. Can an oblong face shape pull off a pixie cut?
A. Yes, an oblong face shape can pull off a pixie cut. A choppy pixie cut that is shorter on the sides and longer on top creates volume and dimensions around the face and softens the angles of an oblong face.
Q. Can a diamond face shape wear long hair?
A. Yes, a diamond face shape can wear long hair. Long layers that start at the collarbone and add volume and texture soften the jawline and balance the high cheekbones.
In conclusion, finding the perfect hairstyle for your face shape can seem like a daunting task, but it is a process that can enhance your overall appearance. By understanding your face shape and the hairstyles that complement it, you can put your best foot forward and highlight your natural beauty. Remember to experiment with different hairstyles, textures, and lengths until you find the perfect one that complements your unique facial features.