Ariana Grande is both a pop culture and fashion icon, with a signature hairstyle that is instantly recognizable – the high ponytail. She’s an inspiration to many young girls and women who love experimenting with their hair. The sleekness and glamour of Ariana Grande hairstyle are a few of the many reasons people adore her. In this article, we’ll provide tips and tricks on how to get the Ariana Grande hairstyle ponytail, from how to prep your hair to how to style your ponytail.
How to Prep Your Hair:
The key to achieving the perfect Ariana Grande ponytail is to start with properly-prepped hair. Here are a few tips to follow before you begin:
1. Wash Your Hair: Although some people prefer to style their hair with day-old hair, for the Ariana Grande ponytail, you’ll want to start with freshly washed hair. Your hair should be clean, moisturized, and free of any excess oil or product buildup.
2. Blow-dry Your Hair Smooth: To create a sleek, smooth ponytail, blow-dry your hair using a round brush. This will help to smooth out any frizz or bumps and create a sleek base for your ponytail.
3. Apply a Styling Product: To help keep your ponytail in place, apply a styling product to your hair. A small amount of mousse or serum will help to smooth your hair and keep your ponytail in place throughout the day.
4. Use a Heat Protectant: If you’re going to use heated styling tools, such as a curling iron or flat iron, be sure to use a heat protectant spray to minimize damage to your hair.
How to Style Your Ariana Grande Hairstyle Ponytail:
Once your hair is prepped, it’s time to start styling your Ariana Grande ponytail. Here’s how to do it:
1. Brush Your Hair: Begin by brushing your hair into a smooth, high ponytail. Use a comb or a paddle brush to work out any bumps or tangles.
2. Use a Hair Tie: To secure your ponytail, use a hair tie that matches your hair color. Make sure to wrap the hair tie around your ponytail several times to ensure it’s secure.
3. Add Extensions (Optional): If you want to add length and volume to your ponytail, clip-in hair extensions are a great option. Choose extensions that match your hair color and texture, then clip them in underneath your ponytail.
4. Create the Bump: The signature bump in Ariana Grande’s ponytail is created by wrapping a small section of hair around the base of the ponytail. Take a small section of hair from the underside of the ponytail and wrap it around the hair tie to create the bump.
5. Secure the Bump: Use a bobby pin to secure the bump in place. You can also use hairspray to keep it in place.
6. Curl the Ends (Optional): To create the same look as Ariana Grande, curl the ends of your ponytail using a curling iron. Make sure to use a heat protectant spray to protect your hair from damage.
7. Finish with Hairspray: Once you’ve styled your ponytail, finish with a light spritz of hairspray to keep it in place throughout the day.
FAQs About Ariana Grande Hairstyle Ponytail:
1. How do I make my ponytail look fuller?
If you want to add volume to your ponytail, clip-in hair extensions are a great option. Choose extensions that match your hair color and texture, then clip them in underneath your ponytail. You can also tease your hair at the crown to create a fuller look.
2. How do I create the bump in my Ariana Grande ponytail?
The bump in the Ariana Grande ponytail is created by wrapping a small section of hair around the base of the ponytail. Take a small section of hair from the underside of the ponytail and wrap it around the hair tie to create the bump. Use a bobby pin to secure the bump in place.
3. How do I keep my ponytail from slipping?
To keep your ponytail from slipping, make sure to wrap the hair tie around your ponytail several times. You can also use bobby pins to secure any loose strands in place. Spray your ponytail with hairspray to help keep it in place throughout the day.
4. Can I wear the Ariana Grande ponytail with short hair?
If you have short hair, you may find it challenging to achieve the Ariana Grande ponytail. However, you can try using hair extensions and styling them into a high ponytail. You can also try styling your hair into a half-up, half-down style, which is similar to the Ariana Grande ponytail but doesn’t require as much length.
Achieving the signature Ariana Grande hairstyle ponytail may seem daunting at first, but with these tips, it’s easy to recreate. Remember to start with properly-prepped hair, and take the time to brush out any tangles and bumps. Use accessories like bobby pins and hair ties to help keep your ponytail in place, and don’t be afraid to experiment with length and volume using clip-in hair extensions. With a little practice, you’ll be able to rock the Ariana Grande ponytail like a pro.