Hairstyle is an essential part of your overall appearance. The hairstyle that you choose can either make or break your entire look. Not all hairstyles are suitable for everyone. They depend on various factors such as your hair texture, face structure, lifestyle, and personal taste. Choosing a suitable hairstyle can enhance your natural features and highlight your personality. So, how can you know which hairstyle suits you? Here’s a guide to help you out.
1. Determine your face shape
The first step in choosing a suitable hairstyle is to determine your face shape. Your face shape is an important factor that determines which hairstyle is suitable for you. To determine your face shape, look in the mirror and identify which of the following categories your face best fits in:
– Oval: Oval-shaped faces have a slightly wider forehead and jawline that taper towards the chin. The length of the face is longer than its width, and the cheekbones are the widest part of the face.
– Round: Round faces have a circular shape with no prominent angles. The width and length of the face are almost equal, and the cheekbones are usually the widest part of the face.
– Square: Square-shaped faces have a wide forehead, strong jawline, and a square chin. The length and width of the face are almost equal, and the cheekbones are not prominent.
– Heart: Heart-shaped faces have a wider forehead and cheekbones with a narrow chin that tapers to a point.
– Diamond: Diamond-shaped faces have a narrow forehead and jawline with wider cheekbones.
– Oblong: Oblong faces have a long and narrow shape with a strong jawline.
Once you have determined your face shape, you can identify which hairstyles are suitable for your face shape.
2. Consider your hair texture
Another important factor to consider when choosing a suitable hairstyle is your hair texture. There are five common hair textures, and they include:
– Straight: Straight hair has no natural curl or wave pattern, and it’s usually shiny and smooth.
– Wavy: Wavy hair has a natural wave pattern, and it’s usually thick and voluminous.
– Curly: Curly hair has a natural curl pattern, and it’s usually thick and bouncy.
– Coily: Coily hair has a tight curl pattern, and it’s usually fine and fragile.
– Kinky: Kinky hair has a very tight curl pattern, and it’s usually coarse and thick.
The hairstyle that you choose should complement your hair texture.
3. Consider your lifestyle
Your lifestyle also plays a significant role in choosing a suitable hairstyle. If you lead an active lifestyle, you may prefer a low-maintenance hairstyle that doesn’t require a lot of time and effort to maintain. On the other hand, if you have a more relaxed lifestyle, you may prefer a more elaborate hairstyle that requires more time and effort.
4. Consult a hairstylist
Consulting a hairstylist is another great way to determine which hairstyle suits you. A hairstylist can assess your face shape, hair texture, and lifestyle and recommend a suitable hairstyle. They can also give you advice on how to maintain and style your hair to ensure that it looks its best.
FAQs about Choosing a Suitable Hairstyle
1. How can I determine my face shape?
To determine your face shape, look in the mirror and identify the shape that best describes your face based on the characteristics mentioned above. You can also use an online face shape calculator for added accuracy.
2. Can I choose any hairstyle regardless of my face shape?
Not all hairstyles are suitable for all face shapes. Choosing a hairstyle that complements your face shape can enhance your features and make you look your best.
3. Can I choose any hairstyle regardless of my hair texture?
Not all hairstyles are suitable for all hair textures. The hairstyle that you choose should complement your hair texture to ensure that it looks its best.
4. Can I choose any hairstyle regardless of my lifestyle?
Your lifestyle plays a significant role in choosing a suitable hairstyle. Choosing a hairstyle that suits your lifestyle can ensure that it’s low-maintenance or requires minimal effort to maintain.
5. How often should I change my hairstyle?
There’s no set rule on how often you should change your hairstyle. However, you can change your hairstyle based on your personal preferences, lifestyle, or to attend specific events. It’s best to avoid frequent drastic changes that can damage your hair.